The Samajam will be purely a non-political social body and its objects in general are:
- To propagate the solidarity of man, irrespective of caste, creed, religion or language.
- To inculcate in the mind of man the basic principle of LORD SHREE
GURUVAYURAPPAN (MAHAVISHNU) that all are equal, in the eyes of GOD.
- To guide people in the proper, rational ways of religious belief and worship and to
redirect them from blind and irrational ways of religious pursuit.
- To teach what is service to mankind and how to serve in a spirit of worship of the
divine and to achieve self-purification.
- To establish universal love and brotherhood.
- To teach and train people the ways of attaining self realization and to reach the
ultimate reality (Parashakti) through devotion.
- To teach people the spirit behind Vedas, Puranas, Narayaneeyam and Sreemad
Bhagavatham to have deep learning instead of literal and superficial thinking.
- To acquire assets movable, immovable and land to build up a temple of Lord Shree
Guruvayurappan (Mahavishnu) with other gods, such as Ganapathy, Dharma
Shasta, Bhagawathi (Goddess), Navagraha, Sreeraman, Shree Hanuman, etc.
- To build a community hall for religious functions, congregations, cultural uplift and
general Educational Promotion/Assistance, school, colleges, etc.
- To provide financial support for Medical Relief, Educational Assistance, Veda
Padashala and Ambulance services, etc..
- To conduct Vedas / Puranas and publication of magazines, souvenirs, etc., in the
interest of general public at large.
- To do all such other acts, deeds and things as are incidental or conducive to the
above objects of them..
The activities of the SGAS envisions at the spiritual enhancement of the
society with religious awareness, traditional values with the message of
peace, love and social maturity. In this direction many activities are being
undertaken by the Samajam, which few amongst are as follows:
- Shree Ponnu Guruvayurappan Temple, Dombivli is one of the main
aspects of SGAS. Thousands of Devotees visits daily to the temple for
Darshan. The temple installed with four deities i.e. main deity of the
Temple is Lord Guru-vayuravayurappan and Lord Ganapathy, Lord
Ayyappa-swamy and Goddes Devi as Upa-devatas. The Daily routine
poojas are being traditionally carried out by the temple priests from
time to time. All the day-to-day Poojas are being strictly followed as
per the guidance/directions of our Temple Tantri Br. Shree Puzhakkara
Chennas Narayanan Namboothirippad (Guruvayur Temple Tantri).
- 3 rd June is the Pratishtaday of Shree Ponnu Guruvayurappan Temple.
Prathishtaday celebrations are commencing from 31 st May every year
and conclude on 10 th June. During these period, Prathishta-day
Kalasha Poojas are being performed to Lords by Temple Tantri
followed by Srimad Bhagawata Saptaham, Annadhanam and various
cultural/ devotionals are also being conducted.
- Samajam is also conducting â€œSampoorna Narayaneeya Parayanam
Recitalâ€ at 7.00am onwards on fourth Sunday of every month followed
by Annadhanam to all Devotees.
- Srimad-Bhagawata Saptahams are being conducted Twice in every
year and large number of devotees attending.
- On the occasion of Guruvayur Ekadashi, Chembai Sangeetholsavam is
being conducted every year together with Prasada-Ooottu.
- All Kerala Hindu Traditional festivals are being celebrated in large
- Financial assistance for education to the weaker section has been
provided by the Samajam every year. Large number of childrens are
availing this benefit.
- Samajam also extending financial assistance for Medical as well as
philanthropic activities/helps to the needy ones.
- Bhajana Sangam conducts bhajans on all Saturdays and auspicious
occasions regularly at Temple.
- Malayalam and Sanskrit classes are being conducted on all Sundays under
aegis of the Samajam premises at free of cost.
- Ashtapathi classes are being conducted on all Fridays at Samajam Premises at
free of cost.
- Regular classes on Sreemanna-Narayaneeyam, Vishnu
Sahashranamam, Srimad Bhagavatham, Bhagavat Geeta, Ramayanam
Devi Bhagawatam, Lalitha Sahasranamam etc. are being also
conducted at the Temple Premises.
- Music classes are being conducted in the Samajam premises on all Thursdays ,
Fridays & Saturdays with a nominal fee from the student.
- Classical Dance classes are being conducted in the Samajam Premises on all
Wednesday, with a nominal fee from the student.